Sunday 7 August 2016

God neither slumbers nor sleeps!

I had one of those nights where I kept waking up and then being awake really early. I lie in bed thinking of my need for sleep and rest and God's complete 'otherness.' He is beyond the requirement of sleep. After hours we NEED sleep - I can't continue to function, but God doesn't have that problem. No matter what time of day or night you will find Him ready to listen - check out Psalm 121:3 - He neither slumber nor sleeps!!!

God is always available! In life we have people around us that also have an element of being always available to us (limited availability though) - my husband often says if you need me in the night wake me. It was something he said to me frequently when I was going through depression and some dark seasons in my life.  But get this is you can - waking a person up in the middle of the night often disorientates them, it isn't a welcome interruption to their night. What amazes me is that when we go to God - no matter the hour, situation, context or attitude- He, Father God, is delighted to hear our voice to spend that time communing with Him. He is above willing to listen- He is thrilled to listen! He gives you His full attention! Once I woke Malcolm up and asked him to pray for me- he wasn't really awake but his prayer quickly turned to jibberish as he began praying about a quiche!!!!! I laughed but you know Jesus intercedes on our behalf - awake in the night hour or the early hours He will be there to hear you, to speak to you. He loves it! Your God neither slumbers nor sleeps!

No comments: