Sunday 4 September 2016

Connected to the vine

Yesterday morning I was cutting back the vine in our garden. I was thinking about the whole passage in Scripture about He is the vine and we are the branches; I was thinking about the whole thing of abiding..... And then I noticed this....... When I cut the branches there were smaller offshoots holding on. They were tiny but the grip was so strong to separate the vine from the branch I couldn't just pull the branch away I had to cut the smaller shoots that wrapped themselves around.

So if you have been broken and you feel weak, insignificant or small then remember the phrase 'let the weak say they are strong'. When you are broken remember He still holds you. Take heart that He won't let you go! Truly blessed today as I reflected on how despite times in the past of feeling broken, weak, drifting and alone; I can look back and see that He never let me go!


No comments: