Wednesday 6 January 2016

When you can't see ahead

This morning I walked through the park to work.  It was a foggy morning and as I walked through the park I began to reflect that sometimes life is like this - we can only see so far and not beyond.  It struck me at times like that my confidence is not in the pathway, not in the fogbank but in the God that does not shift, change or alter.

I have often quoted the verse Psalm 119 verse 105 which says 'Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.'  Sometimes when I read God's Word it is a light to my pathway and I can see someway along the pathway; other times it is more that lamp unto my feet when I can literally just see the next step.

Through life Malcolm and I have seen times when God has lighted a pathway and other times when we have just literally seen the very next step.  Today as I walked through the park I was reminded that even when the future doesn't look altogether clear God remains faithful and He will guide even if it is just one step at a time! 

No comments: